Although I welcome everyone into my practice, I have a clinical focus in the following conditions:
- Chronic pain
- Injury Recovery
- Fatigue & Burnout Recovery
- Anxiety & Depression
- Digestive concerns
I offer a variety of health modalities that will help you reach your optimal level of health and vitality. I am trained in:
- Herbal Medicine
- Bowen Therapy
- Mind-Body Counselling
- Spinal & Joint Alignment
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Diet and Nutritional guidance
- Lifestyle counselling
- Total Body Modification (TBM)
- Intravenous (IV) Therapy
- Pharmaceutical Prescriptions
Specialized Lab Testing
Laboratory testing can be an essential part of assessing your health. Depending on your health concerns, I may recommend specific lab tests to give me more insight into your current health state and to monitor your progress during treatment. I offer in house lab testing such as Random Blood Glucose (RBG), Vitals (blood pressure, heart rate and temperature) and pulse oximetry, as well as specialized lab testing through private laboratory companies across North America. See below for a comprehensive list of the lab testing I can perform for you.
Digestive Function Testing
Digestive Function Tests assess for various immune reactions that can be caused by specific inflammatory foods. They are broken into 3 main immune reactions. The first are IgE reactions which include an immediate allergic response to certain foods such as nuts, eggs, shellfish and some fruits. The second are IgG reactions which involves a more delayed immune response causing chronic gas, bloating, joint pain, abdominal pain, fatigue, food cravings, mood changes, headaches, weight fluctuations and skin problems. Finally the third type are IgA reactions causing inflammation in the lining of our digestive system causing bloating and abdominal discomfort. These tests scan 120 different foods to find the culprit of your symptoms and can also test for evidence of Celiac disease and Candida overgrowth.
Please visit www.rmalab.com for more information.
Hormone, Adrenal & Thyroid Function Testing
Hormones can be assessed through blood, urine or saliva samples. Blood tests can measure hormone levels in circulation, saliva tests represent hormone levels stored in your tissues and urine tests represent the metabolism of your hormones. These tests measure Female hormones, Male hormones, Thyroid function and Adrenal Function.
- Female Panel: This panel measures 1 day to month-long fluctuations in estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, and DHEAs levels to assess fertility, menstrual concerns, menopausal symptoms, mood imbalances, weight gain and breast cancer risk.
- Male Panel: This panel measures fluctuations in estradiol, testosterone, cortisol and DHEAs levels to assess libido concerns, mood imbalances, erectile dysfunction, weight and Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia risk.
- Adrenal Stress Panel: The adrenal glands secrete a hormone called cortisol during times of stress to prepare our body to "fight or flight". This test measures fluctuations in your cortisol levels throughout the day. Low cortisol is associated with fatigue, difficulties waking, poor focus and memory, chronic allergies and immune deficiencies. High cortisol is associated with anxiety, sleep disturbances, bone loss and immune imbalance.
- Thyroid Panel: This panel measures complete thyroid function assessing for a hyper-functioning or under-functioning thyroid as well as a potential auto-immune implications. This tests measures Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Triiodothyronine (T3), Thyroxine (T4) and thyroid antibodies.
Genetic testing can look into your genes to determine your level of risk for developing certain disease, assess metabolic function and measure specific nutrient deficiencies. The genetic testing that I offer include the following:
- MTHFR gene mutation: MTHFR is an enzyme that is responsible for optimal methylation in the body. If you have a mutation in the gene responsible for this enzyme, it can increase your risk of heart disease, chronic fatigue, detoxification deficiencies and drug reactions.
- Nutrigenomix: This test measures how your genes are affected by the foods you eat and how your unique genetic makeup influences how you respond to different foods and nutrients.